Sponsored Links

Sunday 26 January 2014

A talk with IIT-JEE All India Rank-1


Hello friends, I am Prudhvi Tej Immadi and I secured an All India Rank-1 in IIT JEE 2011. Today, let me give you a few tips which will help you to excel not only in your preparation for JEE and other competitive exams, but also in your preparation for the boards. This journey is not that easy and we generally feel a lot of pressure, expectations and often feel like quitting. But remember- only rolling stones gather no dirt. So always keep moving.

MOTIVATION is the key

So, what do you think is the driving factor that keeps YOU motivated throughout the two years of your preparation? Coaching classes teach you How to do things, but there is one thing that none else can teach you. And it is the ‘WHY’. Why do you want to clear JEE or get in the best engineering colleges of the country? If you have a clear answer on this, you will always be charged and there will be no setbacks that can stop you from trying harder and harder till you get it. It’s that same WHY that will ignite the fire in you. For someone it can be his parent’s dream, while for others it can be the brand IIT. It can be anything. So, try finding your WHY and that will act as your motivating factor through and through.

Concentrate on your studies. Don't worry about what others do

Once you have your reason, an effective planning will always help you stand out in the crowd. There are lakhs of students studying day in and day out to achieve the same dream. Only this fact might scare you a lot. But I will show you a different angle which helped me. I agree that there are lakhs of students fighting for this exam. But I had developed a mentality that I would solve as many questions as I could and try to get as many marks as I could. I never had in mind that there were lakhs of students and how would I get through. This way I never felt the tension in my head and I used to give my tests peacefully. No silly mistakes made and I achieved what I deserved.

No need to rush into solving the paper

I also used to do one more thing. Many of my friends had the habit that as soon as they received the paper in their hands, they would start solving from the very first question. My advice to you is to take out 2 minutes just to have a look at the entire paper once and to pick up the easy questions first. Presence of mind is very important and smart work pays more than hard work.

Every topic is important

There often exists a question that what topics you should work hard on. Well it’s JEE and so the entire course matters. I had a very strong hold on my favorite topics and practiced them so well that I answered almost all the questions in JEE. Your favorite topics are the ones that will set your score high. Practice them to perfection. But don’t give up on other topics. Everything is important and you never know what can come up in JEE. So your devotion of time to the three subjects is also important. Give adequate time to all of them. And for that Plan your schedule effectively. Note down your daily activities and analyze them. This way you will also come to know the number of hours per day u dedicate to your preparation. Noting down your daily activity will give you a proper insight into your activities and will help you to improve a little every day.

About Plancess

And I must say. These are your years. Work very, very hard with a very clear focus in mind. It was not easy for me. And it will never be for anyone. Believe me, I am standing In IIT Bombay and know the real worth of the hard work I had invested in the past 2 yrs. I came to IIT and saw many unusual things like students running their own companies along with their studies. One company that is related to you and has amazed me a lot is Plancess.  Plancess aims to revolutionize the concept of coaching. I saw a few of the video lectures that they offer and initially I wasn't sure about the effectiveness of learning through such a medium. But when I saw them properly I was very surprised by the quality of the content. The content is very much optimized and the best part is that almost all the lecturers are top 100 IIT JEE rankers of yesteryears. These lecturers who are currently students in IITs have given their level best to simplify the concepts so that everyone can grasp it easily. I believe that only a student can understand the challenges faced by another student during preparation in a better way. Also, the fact that you can view it any time and any number of times is an added advantage.  It’s like having your professor with you all the time. And you will only pay for what you need.  Meaning you can get only those DVDs which you require.

Apart from the video lectures, I also saw Notebook+ and trust me, this concept is innovative and the first of its’ kind in India. If they would have launched it a year before it surely would have been easier for me to memorize all the hundreds of formulae. I think you should give a try to both these products but before that, make sure that you visit the Plancess channel on youtube to see the demo lectures. Also the Plancess website is not just an information hub but it will again add value to your preparation. So, my suggestion is to check it out thoroughly.

I hope these tips will help you structure your studies in a proper manner and let me end this while wishing you all the best for your preparation.

Prudhvi Tej Immadi,
IIT-JEE 2011 All India Rank-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your views

Popular Posts

Sponsored links